Creating DIY Website for A Small Business
Although you may choose to engage a web designer or developer in the future, it may be a costly endeavor. DIYing website for a small business is an excellent option especially when you are on a tight budget.
Follow this procedure to construct a website for your small business.
Choose Your Website Platform to Get Started
There are several website platforms from which to choose from. Each platform provides a distinct purpose.
Here are the three most common:
- Squarespace. Squarespace is a website platform renowned for its intuitive interface and contemporary website design templates. Squarespace webpages are constructed using a block-based system (you drag and drop blocks into columns and rows). This may restrict your ability to create innovative designs.
- Wix. Wix is a platform designed for small company owners seeking a straightforward answer. Wix lacks the capability and customizability of platforms such as Squarespace and WordPress, despite its user-friendly website creation process.
- WordPress Self-Hosted. WordPress offers greater adaptability than Squarespace and Wix. You download and install the WordPress software on your web server. It could need a little more technical expertise but eventually provides greater freedom.
Consider your website’s short- and long-term objectives prior to selecting a website platform. Do you want a website that is simple to update? Squarespace and Wix may be the most advantageous solutions. Will you eventually desire a more personalized design? Then WordPress may be the optimal answer for your company.
Developing Your Site
After selecting a platform, follow these steps to build website for a small business:
Determine the pages you wish to include on your website
Start by creating a list of the website’s pages. You may have either a single landing page or a conventional five-page website.
- Home. This page should inform visitors about what you do and how you can assist them.
- About. Describe your company’s history. Describe your organization’s pursuit of its objective with images and text.
- Products or Services. This page will contain purchasing options for your business!
- Blog. Your company may use a blog to offer news updates, interesting articles, and other stuff for visitors to peruse.
- Contact. This website provides consumers with contact information. If you have a physical location, you should provide your address and a map of your location on this page.
Select a theme or template
The theme or template you choose will determine the appearance of your website.
Maintain brand consistency.
You want your brand to become recognized over time. Choose your website’s colors and an easily-read font before developing it.
Create website content.
Which terms are desired for the website? The words on your website will be important to the brand experience of your visitors. Here are some important considerations to bear in mind while developing website content:
- Prioritize benefits over costs. Include a headline describing the benefits your clients receive when they purchase from your company at the top of each page. Place your advantages above the fold (Ensure that your benefits are visible before someone starts scrolling).
- Establish your company as an authority. Consider your consumers to be the hero, and your company to be the advisor who understands how to solve their issues. Create content bearing this connection in mind.
- Every page should end with a call to action (CTA). When visitors reach the bottom of your page, what do you want them to do? Each page should conclude with a clear, final CTA that encourages readers to take the next step.
- Create scannable website content. Use smaller paragraphs, columns, and bullets to organize material.
Select high-quality photographs.
Use high-quality images to advertise your company! You can choose from corporate photographs and stock images. To maintain visual cohesion, select photographs that appear to have been modified in the same or comparable manner.
Your site should be optimized for all devices.
When you have completed the development of your website, you should test it on a tablet and mobile device.
Having a website for a small business is crucial in the current day! Put your company’s narrative online so that future clients can find, learn about, and interact with you.
Kindly contact us if you require assistance. We help businesses get clients and give the best possible solutions that will create raving fan customers. If you are looking to grow your business, let us help you.