Why 92% of New Year’s Resolutions Fail
Happy New Year 2015! Last night many people declared a New Year’s Resolution to lose weight, exercise, quit smoking, build their business or something they have been putting off. Statistics show despite all the good intentions, only a tiny fraction of us keep our resolutions; University of Scranton research suggests that just 8% of people achieve their New Year’s goals leaving 92% to fail.
I haven’t made a New Year’s Resolution for at least 10 years and I will tell you why. I didn’t want to be a statistic. Most people make lofty resolutions that are too big to tackle or very abstract and they set out with good intentions only to throw in the towel for some within a week, a few make it a month or two. Instead I make a daily intention to be all I can be. To love and respect my body and take care of myself. To do whatever it takes to be successful and happy. Every day is a choice and I choose me.
Choose YOU this year! Choose to love yourself more than the food. Take care for your body more than the coach you watch TV on. To use your muscles so they won’t have atrophy and be healthy for years to come. To say nice things to yourself daily when you look in the mirror. To smile every chance you can because you have so much to be grateful for. You are here!!!
As the creator of the cutting edge neuroscience Neuro-Associative Programming (NAP), I know that when you use these proven techniques that you are able to reprogram yourself on a daily basis without setting yourself up for failure. Don’t wait for the end of the year to decide to live your best life, do it daily!