Every monarch in every culture throughout history has relied on a trusted advisor (coach). Every military commander has a strategist (coach), just as every Olympic athlete has a trainer, and every showbiz performer has a management (coach).
Although it may have taken on many forms over the years, coaching is as old as the hills and the core principles remain the same (i.e., advise, guide, and motivate their client).
Coaches help in:
- Making sensible choices
- Taking effective measures
- Resolving difficulties as effectively as possible
- Learning from the procedure so that they may perform it whenever necessary
Another important trait of a coach is being able to separate oneself emotionally from the situation at hand.
In today’s fast-paced economy, time is literally money. Cooperation and collaboration are growing in importance, both in the business world and in people’s personal lives. And that’s where coaches come in.
The Two Kinds of People Who Hire A Coach
From the history of coaching, we may conclude that those who hire coaches fall into two separate groups:
- Those that want to stay on top, or
- Those who want to get there quickly
People say they desire to change themselves, their life, their work, or their surroundings, but they’re terrified of it. They wait and make excuses. They lack self-confidence and grit.
But people who hire a coach are built differently.
- They’re visionary.
- They embrace change and are committed to positive life improvements.
- They want things done quickly.
- They want someone they can trust and confide in
Do You Really Need To Hire A Coach?
Yes. No. Not entirely sure.
Here are some questions you can ponder on:
- Do you feel like you’re in a time and financial bind and need to take action immediately?
- Feel stuck by your problems?
- Do you feel like you could use some moral support and wise advice as you move forward?
If your answer to any of these questions is “yes,” working with a coach may be the fastest way to start living your best life.
Think about how much time and money you’ve already wasted before you hire a coach, and how you still don’t have what you need to overcome the problems you’re facing.